Publications and Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of our available programs and services. Download and print them from your own printer or contact us to request printed hard copies. Our printed materials utilize at least 30% PCW recycled paper, veggie/natural inks, and are recyclable.
Commercial Service Guide
What Belongs in the Recyclables?
What Belongs in the Organics?
What Belongs in the Garbage?
What happens to your Recyclables?
What happens to your Organics?
What happens to your Garbage?
Avoid Wishcycling and Reduction and Reuse Tips Flyer
Commercial Program Reminders and Hazardous Waste Disposal
Commercial Recycling Requirements
AB 827 Guidelines
AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
Cal Recycle Toolkit – customizable outreach materials
- March 2023: Is your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability?, Reduce Waste and Go Trash Free, Keep Our Workers Safe – No Sharps, Senate Bill 1383 Requires Recycling and Composting, Become a Green Business, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2022: Holiday Collection Service Schedule and the ACI Go Paperless – Plant a Tree Program.
- September 2022: Are You Compliant With State Mandated Regulations? We Can Help!, Proper Sorting Tips, Introducing Trash-Free San Ramon, Trash-Free Idea – Reusables. Holiday Service Reminder.
- June 2022: Right-size your service levels, Are you compliant with Senate Bill 1383? We can help!, Collection service tips, Trash-Free San Ramon, Think Disposable technical assistance program, and holiday service schedule.
- March 2022: Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability?, California Regulations Require Composting – We Can Help With Compliance!, Holiday Service Schedule, Please Remember No Sharps!, Be A California Green Business, and ACI of San Ramon Virtual Resources for Commercial Customers.
- December 2021: Senate Bill 1383 – California’s Short-Lived Climate Pollutant Reduction Strategy, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Green Organics Containers, Recycling Reminder – Cardboard, Reduce Waste, Save Money, and Go Green with ReThink Disposables, Holiday Service Schedule.
- September 2021: Proper Sorting Tips, All San Ramon Businesses Must Subscribe to Adequate Service Levels, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, AB827 Onsite Container Requirements, Resources for Our Commercial Customers, Holiday Service Reminder, ACI SR is a Certified Green Business.
- June 2021: Right-Size Your Service Levels, Are You Regulation Compliant? We Can Help!, Collection Service Tips, Holiday Service Schedule, The Recycling Market Development Zone Program, CA Made Labeling Program, and Rethink Disposable Program.
- March 2021: Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability?, The California Green Business Program, Collection Rates Increase, Holiday Service Schedule, State Regulations Require Recycling and Composting – We Can Help!, Proper Disposal of Sharps, and Landscaper Compliance.
- October 2021: Senate Bill 1383 California’s Short-Lived Climate Pollutant Reduction Strategy begins January 1, 2022.
- May 2021: Steps You Can Take to Help Us Help You! Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- July 2020: City and State Regulations Require Recycling and Composting. We Can Help! Know What to Throw.
- May 2020: We Support Our Community – Steps You Can Take to Help Us Help You!
- November 2019: Do You Have Auto Pay? Garbage Rates Will Not Increase Until January 2020
Food Scrap Recycling and Food Waste Reduction
- Usable Food Donation
- List of organizations in Contra Costa County that may accept food donations
- Mandatory Organics Recycling
- Food Scraps Management
- NRDC – Food Sustainability
- Food Rescue and Donation Information
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Cal Recycle
- City of San Ramon
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- The ReThink Disposable Technical Assistance Program
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers