On October 1, 2019, ACI of San Ramon became your service provider for the collection of RECYCLABLES, ORGANICS & GARBAGE. You must use ACI of San Ramon and the new containers for collection services.
Why the change?
- The contract with Waste Management expired on September 30, 2019.
- City Council directed staff to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Solid Waste & Recycling contract.
- The City received competitive proposals from four different solid waste and recycling companies for the contract. All four bids included a significant rate increase to cover the cost of services in the new contract.
- The City Council unanimously selected ACI at the November 13, 2018 City Council Meeting.
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions and more details can be found here.
Why are rates increasing?
Factors contributing to the rate increase include:
- Labor Costs
- Restricted Export Requirements for Recyclables
- Low Recyclables Commodity Revenues
- New State Regulations
>>Click here to view current rates<<
WHO IS ACI OF SAN RAMON?
- ACI of San Ramon is a locally-owned private company that has been providing garbage, recycling, and organics collection services since 1997. ACI currently provides collection services for the cities of San Leandro, Alameda, and Castro Valley Sanitary District.
- ACI of San Ramon will provide service to the City of San Ramon from their administrative offices, truck yard, recycling and transfer facility, customer service and billing departments located in San Leandro.
- Please note: the services/programs that ACI provides vary between their different service areas.
- Recycling and Organics services are included in the rates and do not incur an additional cost.
- Rates are based on the size of your Garbage Cart. The first number of the serial number stamped on the front of the cart indicates its size:
- 2=20-GALLON 3=35-GALLON 6=64-GALLON 9=96-GALLON
- Garbage rates will be adjusted annually each January 1 thereafter, based upon rate-setting methodologies included in the contract.
- The Small Green Cart Rate. Residents who only need 35 gallons per week or less of Organics service will be given one 20-gallon or 35-gallon green cart and a discounted garbage rate. Click here to view all residential rates.
- If you live in a condo, townhouse, or apartment, your rates may be different than those shown in the chart above. Please visit the rates for your customer type using the drop-down menus above.
ALL CUSTOMERS RECEIVED NEW RECYCLABLES, ORGANICS AND GARBAGE CONTAINERS.
- Containers were exchanged during the month of September 2019.
- The number and size of containers were exchanged on a “like-for-like” basis, which means that you received the type and size of containers listed on your bill.
- Single Family Residents may request up to two (2) 96-gallon Recyclables carts at no additional charge. Single Family Residents subscribing to 64- or 96-gallon Organics service may request up to two (2) 96-gallon Organics carts at no additional charge.
- Please contact ACI of San Ramon to request any changes to your collection services and/or containers.
- Townhome and Condo customers that currently DID NOT have Organics service received green organics containers the last week of September 2019.
- Multi-Family customers: If you would like ACI representatives to visit your complex to present information and to discuss new services including the handy kitchen pails and food-scrap and food-soiled paper recycling, please contact us and request a site visit.
- For a full list of FAQs please, click here.
PROPER SORTING MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Use the correct carts to sort your waste for: