Blue Recyclables Program
Beginning October 1, 2019: Extra recyclables should be contained in paper bags or cardboard boxes and placed next to your blue recycling cart for collection. Please flatten excess cardboard boxes, cut down to pieces no larger than 2 feet by 3 feet and stacked next to carts. One additional and/or larger recycling carts (up to 96 gallons) are available for no additional charge.
WHAT BELONGS IN THE RECYCLING?
Avoid contamination! Many times, something you may think is recyclable actually isn’t. Make sure everything you put into the blue Recycling cart/bin is recyclable. Click here for a list of common “wishcycled” items.
CLEAN PAPER & CARDBOARD
Any recyclable paper that tears, including:
- Office paper
- Books (try to donate before recycling)
- Corrugated cardboard & paper boxes (large or multiple pieces should be flattened and/or cut to fit in cart loosely with lid closed – extra cardboard can be flattened, cut to pieces no larger than 2’ x 3’ and stacked next to your cart for collection)
- Newspaper (including inserts)
- Cartons (dairy, juice, soup, & milk alternative)
- Catalogs, magazines, junk mail, & phone books
- Shredded paper (contained in a paper bag or box)
EMPTY and CLEAN
GLASS BOTTLES, JARS, TUBS & TRAYS
EMPTY and CLEAN
- All colors
- Food & beverage containers – no drinking glasses, dishes, cookware, window glass, or lightbulbs
ALUMINUM & METAL
- Food & beverage cans
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Foil & scrap pieces (up to 30 pounds per item)
PLASTICS LABELED #1 – #7
- Bottles, jars, tubs & trays – please rinse or wipe out
- Place multiple bags/film plastic into one bag & tie off
- No single bags/film allowed
- Keep all other non-film plastic items loose
The Single-Family residential recycling collection program also includes:
- Household Battery Collection: place in a zipper-lock style bag and place on top of your recyclables cart for collection.
- Used Oil Collection: Put used motor oil or cooking oil (oils cannot be mixed) in separate sealed 1-gallon, screw-top containers and used oil filters in a sealed zipper-lock style bag. Place them next to (not inside) your Recyclables cart. Free oil jugs and oil filter bags may be requested from ACI. No other automotive liquids accepted.
NØ GARBAGE, PET WASTE, DIAPERS, PERSONAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS, STYROFOAM®, ORGANICS, DIRT, BRICK, CONCRETE OR PRESSURIZED TANKS
NØ HAZARDOUS WASTE OR SHARPS
For information on proper disposal of Hazardous Waste please visit: www.sanramon.ca.gov/HHW
Click here for a comprehensive list of what belongs in your collection carts.