The Handy Kitchen Pail
Reduce Waste by Sorting Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper
- Use the handy kitchen pail to store your food scraps and food-soiled paper until you empty it into the green ORGANICS cart or bin.
- You can line your pail with compostable or paper bags, paper towels/napkins or newspaper. No plastic bags permitted.
- A list of certified compostable bags can be found at: www.bpiworld.org.
- Do not place the pail at the curb for collection.
REMEMBER ALL FRESH, FROZEN, COOKED AND MOLDY FOOD SCRAPS & FOOD-SOILED PAPER BELONG, INCLUDING:
- all leftover food
- peels, pits & rinds
- dairy products
- bread, rice, pasta & other grains
- meats & bones
- coffee grounds & filters
- tea leaves
- backyard fruits & vegetables
- food-soiled paper napkins, plates & towels
- food-soiled newspaper & paper bags